Sunday, September 23, 2012

21 Inner Beauty Inspirations #7

 'o
e  tthyt h.mu[//oopppr6hh

7.  Not saying no just because...

Above this inspiration you can see the typing of a 3 year old... A three year old who sees her mummy sitting pressing buttons on a computer for too many hours doing "work"... A three year old who asked her mummy if she could please do some work on the 'puter too... and could mummy please leave her alone to do her work...
The natural answer to this would have been "NO"... you cannot sit alone pressing buttons on mummy's work computer... No, of course a three year old shouldn't be left alone with an expensive piece of technology...
No ... No... But.... then I thought about what she could do wrong in a few moments... could she delete the hard drive?  Unlikely.  Where there any liquids near by?  No...  Whats the worst that could happen?  Not sure...  probably nothing too dire...
So I said OK.  I didn't say No...
Too often in life I say No first, and think later.  I say No, just because...even when I am not entirely sure what comes after the because.  I say No because I think that's the better answer without stopping to really think about why, and what could really happen if I said Yes...
So I am inspiring my inner beauty today by saying Yes... instead of No.
And so I opened a blog window and I left her to it.  And she typed the letters above... apparently.
A new moments later I heard a computerised voice coming from the office... I came in quickly.  I have no idea how she did it, or how to do it again...but she was in a section of the control panel that was giving the button options out-loud one after the other... reading out the words on the buttons in a female GPS-style voice.  I had never known that my computer had a voice!
One day I might find it again, or I may not... but somehow she found it...
And see...if I had said "NO" I would never have discovered that my computer had a voice!
There must be some kind of metaphor in that.... 

No comments: