Friday, September 21, 2012

21 Inner Beauty Inspirations #5

"Something happens to you when you start looking after yourself: You start to feel precious. You are happy, and it is infectious. People around you are happy too"



Today I found this and it summed up what I have been wanting to articulate.  I wanted to write something about how paradoxically I feel better when I am exercising, eating well, committing to my own health.  Its not just about the endorphins of exercise, its bigger than that.  While my mind tells me I am happier indulging in tasty desirable "unhealthy-ness", diving into chocolate and cheesecake and laying on the couch... my reality tells me that the opposite is paradoxically true.
What I know to be true is that I am happier, more optimistic, more empowered, more positive to others, more energised and more alive when I am "sacrificing" the treats and laziness and making the effort to look after myself.  I know that for some this is no longer an effort - they have committed to it enough that it feels natural rather than like a chore... I hope to get there some day...but in the mean time I will try to hold onto this inner beauty inspiration to encourage me to keep on being committed to health and well-being, and know this honouring of myself will positively infect all of my relationships and endeavours.

No comments: