Wednesday, September 26, 2012

21 Inner Beauty Inspirations #10

10.  Knowing that more is not necessarily better

 I am nursing a sore head... its not too bad, but its a hang over... I failed to learn from experience...and once again I thought it would be a great idea to have a second glass of that yummy wine.  All too recently I learned that two glasses makes me feel like crap the next day at the moment (cadbury's girl!).  For some reason I am not tolerating more than one glass and still being friends with my body the next day.
But the wine was yummy, and it had been a long day...so of course my mind told me "hey, you like it, you deserve it...have more!" and it was a slippery slope from there.
Because its all too easy to subscribe to the super-size culture of more-ism...
I think its a survival instinct - get while the going is good because you never know when a bear is going to eat your head... but of course these days we have evolved to the point where the instinct is redundant, and yet we continue to blindly follow it...
More is better, more is grand, a glass of wine in the mouth is better than one in the hand...
But its not true.
Moderation people, moderation!
Inner beauty comes is inspired by moderation...by stopping when you have had enough...by taking life slowly and not taking more than you need...by knowing when enough is enough and you are just being a little piggy who will regret it in the morning...
Tis sadly true, that more often means moans...not the well of endless happiness it promises.
Inner beauty requires one to be feeling balanced...and balance means M-o-d-e-r-a-t-i-o-n!
Sheesh.

No comments: