Monday, September 24, 2012

21 Inner Beauty Inspirations #8



8. Appreciating natural beauty
Beauty is everywhere... in a leaf, a green tree against a blue sky, a cloud, a new shoot, a flower...
Taking a moment to appreciate a small thing of natural beauty, even if you see it so often you don't notice it any more, changes you in that moment.  In that moment I find I am transported out of my own messy brain and into a space of connectedness with the world around me.  Natural beauty is unfathomably mysterious and limitlessly wonderful.
Today my moment of appreciation was a frangipani tree laden with rich white flowers.  I only glimpsed it from the car as I drove past - but in that moment my mood shifted, I smiled, relaxed and was - for a moment - joyous.  And moments like these can change everything.
So today I remember that taking a tiny teeny moment to pause in appreciation of the wonderous beauty of nature inspires my inner beauty, makes me a better, happier, more grounded, more humble, more present, more open person.

No comments: