Thursday, September 20, 2012

21 Inner Beauty Inspirations #4



So I missed a day... I missed a day because I have been struggling a bit.  I could have forced something, but my heart wasn't it in.  I go up and down at the moment and I have been on a bit of a down slope.  I have been thinking about my future - about the next step after this step.  I have been trying to focus on a goal, to have a sense of what I am working towards...and, for the life of me, I can't see a thing.  Its all fog.  I know I won't stay here much longer than another year (which is, lets face it, quite a long time) but I cannot see beyond here.  And that makes me feel disconnected, like I am standing at the top of a cliff... Its distractingly disconcerting.
And then I found this quote.  And it reminded me... I am so busy worrying about what comes next that I am not here.  I am not engaged.  I am not present.  I am also not achieving what I need to do, and I am not fully experiencing the now.
So I remind myself to stop, breath, be here.
When I am present I am engaged with life.
When I am engaged with life I am able to engage with others in a genuine and present way.
When I am present I am more able to be authentic, real, beautiful on the inside.
So...back to being present in the now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being present is very important. At lease you are one person that has actively stepped back and realized that that is something we all need to do. Enjoy what we have now and stop thinking of what the future is bringing. Being present now will also allow the universe to deliver what you truly want.

You write with such openness and sadness in your heart some days that it touches me. To be able to put it out there for all is an amazing thing that you do and I am sure people read this blog and go wow I am not the only one that has some of these thoughts also.

Thanks for sharing those inner most thoughts that keep us on track also. It is appreciated.