Saturday, September 29, 2012

21 Inner Beauty Inspirations #13

13.  Just do it anyway... trust!

I notice today how often I mentally sabotage my own enjoyment... I agree to things, throw myself into ideas, organise things...and then in the moments that precede them I lose the joy.  In the minutes or hours before a social event, or an unusual activity, begins, even though I have previously been filled with enthusiasm, I lose my nerve, my joy in the idea... I resent it, kick myself or organising it, become attached to my homeostasis in the face of impending disruption.  And then I do it anyway, because I have committed, and I love it.
Sometimes I pull out and on those occasions I will never know if I would have loved it, but I do know that the times I don't pull out are almost always great.
Why do I doubt it?
Why do I doubt myself?
Why do I tell myself I don't want something that clearly has a stack of evidence behind the premise that I will enjoy it?  While  I am there, why do I also tell myself I don't want to exercise when the evidence is definitely in that I will feel better if I do...?
So my inner beauty inspiration for today is to keep encouraging myself to "just do it"...and forge my way through the last minute cold feet and into the promised land.

No comments: