Tuesday, August 18, 2009

mother love #2

So I have a new friend...her child is unwell. When we met she told me a simple story of a child who spent long weeks in hospital, with her by his side. Since then, each time we talk, I hear more about the incredible struggles and hurdles she has overcome to nurse her child into the best health he can have. Each time she tells me a little more about the trials they have endured, the challenges they have faced... humbly, honestly, matter-of-factly...each time she tells me a little more about how strong she has been. I sometimes feel like this single mum business is a tad tricky... but then I think about what my new friend tells me... and I exhale any self-concern...I shake off any self sympathy.... my new friend says that mothers are incredible people, that you do what you need to do... and I know that some mothers deserve a pedestal, an award, a red carpet event.... and so much more... my new friend is one of those mothers. She is an inspiration.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, such kind words from a beautiful soul mean so much. S.