Tuesday, August 18, 2009

How time flies :-)

How quickly my little angel has transformed from a helpless tiny fragile bundle into an energetic, strong, active little girl, full of personality and laughter....
It seemed to happen in the blink of an eye...
Time has never before seemed such a powerful force. Previously in my life time has been marked by beginnings and endings, signposts moving past. Sometimes the life that passed between signposts seemed hazy, sometimes there were clear processes, challenges faced, obstacles overcome...but never before has time had such a preciousness and yet passed so wantonly!
Already my baby is teething
Already my baby is standing, sitting, dancing
Already my baby is communicating loudly, recognising things she wants and letting me know, understanding what she does not want and certainly letting me know about them!
Already I am going back to work in a mere 6 weeks
Already she starts day-care in a mere 4 weeks
Already she knows her name
Already she is growing up.

I will never experience these days again... and my breath stops in awe of their preciousness.

No comments: