Thursday, June 5, 2008

The waiting game : to play or not to play...

So I wait again...
Practice makes perfect and my patience is improving. I have not yet had any urges to do an early pregnancy test... well... only one but it passed quickly :-)
This morning I woke up nauseous... "Oh No!" gasped twinkle blue eyes... I swear I was not thinking about it... Perhaps I am indeed, as TBE suggested, allergic to the precious wee swimmers... Never mind, a wee bit of tummy turning is a mere freckle on the fabulous beauty of this process...

Today I spoke to a very dear friend. She is happy and facing wonderful new adventures... but she had just heard that a friend of hers was dying. When faced with the mortality of a loved one some people knuckle down and become more conservative, grip onto the known and familiar, avoid risks... others throw caution to the wind and make the most of the moment... It remains to be seen how my friend will react. For me however it was a precious reminder to do today what you think you want to do tomorrow. I complain about being so busy, I complain about being tired, of never having enough time to do anything properly (according to my surprisingly perfectionist personality)...but at the end of the day I know that I am grabbing the richness of opportunity and making the most of it. I jump when I have the chance, I take a risk when I believe in the potential, I trust my ability to survive almost any experience...

I have never experienced a seriously life threatening illness or situation, and I touch wood in hope that I won't for a long time yet (we all have to die eventually) but I try to remind myself daily that this life is not forever... I only have this moment, not even this day for sure... so let me be in each moment the person I most want to be. We all have our priorities - the things that we look to for a sense of accomplishment in our lives. For some it is a home, for others a sense of power in life, for others a sense of security... For me it is about connections with people... I feel that my life is a success when I have warm and positive connectivity with people I cherish.

So thank you my dear ones for contributing to making this moment in my life feel so rich and abundant... may we have many more moments to enjoy :-)

No comments: