Monday, June 16, 2008

Balance Progress


Hmm so lets see...
If I blog about my progress towards inner harmony and outer balance perhaps it will keep me motivated and skipping forward on the pathway to creating the "happy place" for my wee babe to be...
Lets see...

1. Optimal eating... um... I made a great risotto tonight... mostly not too bad, although the delectible delights of a wee chocolate fix or two are getting the better of me in the last few days- but I blame hormones and they will be on a swing in a different direction in a day or two... still... I have eated relatively healthily....not sure my protein and iron intakes have been sufficient... nor have I had enough fresh fruit.... hmmm maybe not so good after all..... room for improvement....
2. Minimised toxins.... are there toxins in chocolate ??? hmm one delightful glass of 9th island pinot noir...but I am sure the enjoyment value and corresponding positive impact on my state of mind outweighed the negative toxins... hmmm and coffee doesn't count I am sure....
3. Appropriate supplimentation... now where did I put my vitamins ?? dear me...
4. Balanced exercise .... um ... did yoga once this week. Can't walk my poor puppy after her surgery this week - so it hardly seems fair to go out running without her... that would be just mean... hmmmm
5. Optimised Mind/Body Relationship (Trust) ... well in this area I have improved...have managed to emerge from my fog of fear and start to find a sense of equilibrium again. I know its a cycle and not gone forever... but at least its less debilitating today. What do I fear? Well, being too old, too late, too barren, too alone, too poor, too stuck, too any anything really... It seems that somewhere, often, I have made life decisions that led me here to this point... 36 and childless... and consequently I have lost a lot of trust in my own capacity to make wise decisions.... I know that I have done incredible things and had wonderful adventures... but somehow I never imagined that this would be the outcome.... But... I now begin to try to rebuild a sense of trust in my own capacity to create my dreams....

So lots of room for improvement...
Stay tuned...

Now if I can just convince myself to limit the number of projects I busy myself with... now that will be REAL progress :-) Oh - am illustrating a children's book, a "where did I come from" for donor babies.... well I couldn't say "no" to that one! ("Grrrrr" says twinkle blue eyes... I bet mum will say something rather similar!)

:-)

No comments: