Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Try Two

Here we go round the mulberry tree, the mulberry tree... only they ain't mulberries kids...
With remarkably little fanfare compared to last time... Try Two is now commenced...

Its quite fascinating how quickly the bizarre can become normal, how easily the extremely odd becomes routine... Already it feels like "that thing I do once a month"... and apart from the challenge of fleeing the city in fog and rain and Hideous traffic... its all rather smooth and simple this time round...

Not so the process of trying to buy syringe barrels for the doing of the deed... my heavens.... All of the sunshine coast is, I feel, now convinced that I am some sort of really odd drug addict as a result of my pounding the pavements in search of a 1 or 2 ml syringe barrel. Now I look fairly conservative I would say... mature... (even though I gleefully chuckled when asked for ID at the club last weekend!) so its particularly obvious when the poor pharmacy assistants suddenly choke when I ask for syringes. There is the rapid but never-the-less clearly discernible widening of the eyes in shock... and the automatic brain response "oh no, one of THEM"... I stumble over myself to add "...the barrels without the needles" to my request and there is a sudden release of oxygen into their brains...followed by a clouding over as they wonder "why would she want that??" A couple of times the question slipped from their lips before they could stop it... and was met with careful avoidance...
Turkey basters are starting to look more attractive! After the 5th pharmacy I finally found one that cheerfully gave me a large handful of 3ml syringes...with the needles... Oi vey....

No comments: