Monday, June 16, 2008

puppy delusions

My dog thinks she is pregnant...

Not me...

My dog.

This week I had my poor lovely puppy desexed... finally I gave up the dream that we would have adorable little fluff balls to love and that she would know the joys of motherhood... Her last "season" seemed really uncomfortable so I decided it was time... It felt somehow horridly hypocritical to be sending her in for the chop in an area so terribly vitally important to me...but it had to be done... so no point in being squeemish. And it seems I was just in time! My poor wee pooch had some terrible oochy conditions in her private nether bits and was rather unwell "down there"...

SO all was well that ended well until her dog-danged pituitary gland decided to get in on the act and chuck a wobbly... give me a sudden massive hormonal change will you?? (she pouted)...well... I think we must be pregnant then!! So my poor virginal puppy's body is so naive... easily convinced, she has gone along for the ride - a ride with no destination yet the driver plows headlessly on... and she is an emotional wreck!! If I am anything like she is now when I really am pregnant I will give my nearest and dearest permission to run for the hills! (not really... if you do I WILL hunt you down!!)

AND ... to add injury to insult - the treatment of choice is starvation!! Apparently we must convince her body that there is not enough food around to support the pregnancy that she doesn't really have. So she is up the duff, should be eating for 8.... and naught but a wee sniff of a breakfast is waved momentarily before her tongue each morning...

Poor girl... Its a dog's life....

Ah the irony of it all

No comments: