Monday, September 14, 2009

surrounded by kindness


So this week two things connected to bring about a noticing of something lovely.
The first was that the first uni paper for this semester was due in (today - and complete thankfully!).
The second was that I was chatting with a woman who is contemplating becoming pregnant on her own. And in talking to her about my decision to go it alone, I realised how wonderfully NOT alone I am.
When I needed time to write my uni paper and my angel was being less than angelic, my wonderful friends rallied around - coming to visit and look after her to give me time to focus on my essay, offering to babysit while I needed to go out, checking in with me about how I was going, coming and babysitting and cooking me a wonderful breakfast to boot... And many others offered to help... and there are others I knew I could have called on if I needed to... Usually my family would have been there for me, but since they are taking some time out to have a well earned holiday I had the chance to realise the incredible support that is there in the background when I need it.
And I was able to pay it forward too - being there on the phone for advice, taking over food and much needed nipple cream to another friend who had her baby this week.

And I said to the woman that even though she is not in a relationship she need not feel that she will be alone...

I am so incredibly grateful, and I feel so privileged to know that my angel and I are surrounded by such kindness.
THANK YOU!

No comments: