Friday, September 25, 2009

Being Held



This has to be one of the most lovely images I have seen in a long time....
The sense of being held is a powerful one.  I look at this image and I think about the idea of my angel and I joining hands with a third person....Sometimes I think that this is the dream that underlies my daily life... And other times I feel balanced and harmonious being just the two of us. This image evokes the sense of being held, of togetherness, of sharing that provokes the dream beneath...
I am happy - in this new life... I am happy spending time with my angel, watching her grow, caring for her, enjoying her newness and the constant change that is her becoming process.  I am happy surrounded by loving friends and family.  I am happy to plan my time as I choose, to share and give and receive widely with the people that I choose.  I am happy. 
At the same time, I can touch the sense of what it is to share the special moments with the other person who cares most in the world.  I can taste what it feels like to have someone who is there - who is just there - with all the myriad of implications of being there... Opening this life that is two and sharing it with a third will, when it happens, be a huge thing... it will be risk, it will be courage, it will be celebration, and it will only be when it feels just right.

No comments: