Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Helen Keller 2

So when I opened today's little card lo! it was my very favourite quote of all time...

I am only one, but I am still one. I cannot do everything but still I can do something.  I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
Helen Keller

It is this quote that inspires me to remember that the grandest of goals are no more valuable than the smallest step made towards them... It reminds me that I mustn't crush the flowers of daily kindness under my feet as I reach for the stars of grand gestures.... It reminds me that the smallest good deed is better than the greatest good intention... It reminds me to do today the things I can do...and to let tomorrow's everything take care of itself... just as the saying goes about saving your pennies and the pounds take care of themselves, so too is the big picture of changing the world made up of thousands of smaller good actions.

No comments: