Sunday, April 6, 2008

OOPS!!!


Damn Damn Damn
Who'd have thought I would be a victim of premature firing of the cannons....

So on Thursday (day 12) I went in for my ultrasound to check how late I would be this month... of course we all know that ovulation should in theory be around day 14... but in my case, going by consistent history, it could really be anywhere between day 14 and day, well... 24 or even later...
My dear friends will, once again, not be surprised that I am consistently late... and rarely on time....
and well, never been early in my life... shockingly surprising I know... :-)

BUT... "hmmmmmm" says my lovely Santa Claus Doctor... and "kerthump" goes my heart in the by now familiar anxiety reaction I have to any sign that anything could go wrong in any way... "hmmmm" "That ovary looks like it has already ovulated"
...
"NOooooooo" I say...Impossible! Perhaps that is still from last month's terribly late ovulation....
"Hmmmm" says SCD.... "we had better do a blood test"...

So - in I pop to the blood room...once again... am getting terribly good with needles these days...
and off I go to work... confident that I must be really really late this month...

BUT LO! What news is this??? At lunchtime I call for the results and, in the words of the dwarf from The Princess Bride... "Inconceivable!" and indeed it is in every sense of the word... I popped early... and thus... no conceiving for me this month!! Seems I ovulated on day 11... What's with that??

Over-excited?
Over-stimulated?
Weird quirk of fate?
Destined not to give birth to a Capricorn?

Whatever the reason, despite being psyched and prepped, with a car full of syringes and specimen jars and a head full of hopes... there will be no party for my uterus this month...

So I am learning the fine art of patience... while my lovely blue eyes reminds me of the joys of red wine and soft cheeses for another month... another month to, well, do that yoga and find that inner peace... another month to work and play free from morning sickness... another month to plan and hope....

Ah the rollercoaster ride begins... all aboard!

3 comments:

tiffanymelinda said...

damn annoying infrequent ovulation ! Trust me, that works against us straight girls who are trying not to get pregnant. Just to dispell one myth, you can actually have soft cheese when you are pregnant. The only type of cheese that you can't have is unpasterurised, but they normally don't even allow that into Australia or NZ. I just make this point because I suffered my whole first pregnancy without the brie that I was craving then found out about two months later that I could have had it the whole time !

Wanderlust said...

Thanks Tiff! That is WONDERFUL news... of course now I no longer have an excuse for shovelling brie into my mouth as fast as I can at the moment... so shhhh if you could not tell anyone else that would be lovely
:-)

tiffanymelinda said...

It's okay, if you get morning sickness like I'm having right now you will lose it in the first trimester ! I've lost about 5kg so far and I'm beginning to look a little like a cross between a Botticelli painting and Peter Andre's Jordan, all boobs and rounded tummy ! So ... even though I have been letting myself go for it this pregnancy with the $8 brie from MH it doesn't even matter as I never actually get to digest it !