Sunday, April 27, 2008

late again...



So just to restore the natural balance of the universe... I am indeed late in ovulating this time around... Blood tests indicate little action on the southern front... so I play limbo game...do do dah... around we go... bending backwards to accommodate the uncertainty of life....
Back for more blood tests on Tuesday with the hope of a clearer indication by then...

Yesterday I had my first ever acupuncture treatment. I have always avoided it, having what I consider to be a relatively healthy reluctance to poke needles into my innocent flesh. This getting pregnant business however - it has an awful lot of poking involved... of the needle kind in my case of course :-) My veins have been regularly violated, prodded, sucked of their sweet nectar... So I figured - what's a few more pricks between friends? :-) Seems my yang is a bit stuck... Judging by the imbalance in the pain on the right side of my body I would have to agree... hopefully unsticking my yang will prompt my ovaries to tango more in time... Only time will tell...

These days having my body poked and prodded has become second nature... I hear mothers talk of the strange experience of learning that your body is no longer your sacred private domain once you are pregnant. "lets take a look at you then" seems the catch cry of all and sundry in white coats, apparently... playboy eat your heart out - everyone wants an intimate look at one's pregnant parts it seems... so I am told...
So being the keen bunny that I am - I am lucky to have the chance to prepare early... internal ultrasound? no worries!... Poke dye in my tubes? Bring it on... Stick needles in me... chat with the receptionist about the intimate details of my menstrual cycle.... coach me on sticking tubes in my sensitive bits... My handbag is full of syringes, my glove box disgorges a flow of specimen jars on the unsuspecting passenger, all of my friends and family are intimately acquainted with my hormones.... relative strangers ask me intimate questions about sperm and ovulation...

My body is definitely no longer my own...
Its no wonder that I feel so out of control... my body is not my own but I am at the mercy of its whim....

Meanwhile back in limbo land... breathing.... learning patience.... being in the moment...practising inner peace... breathing...

No comments: