Saturday, December 8, 2007

We are family, I got all my.... um.... cousins... and me....


Hey Look!
I have Family! wow....
A novel experience in the life of an only child of an only child... The few family members I have are customarily spread across the western world... Family Christmases are pretty small in my world. My cousin's wedding was, hopefully, my only experience of being at the "family table"... with the exception of course of the wedding of my 81 year old Grandfather a few years ago. I'm afraid on that occasion the incredulity of the event rather dwarfed the sensation of "family-ness". Throughout my life I have listened to people gushing, moaning, disregarding, celebrating, and generally living the experience of being part of a diverse family group. As I grow older my sense of contrast grows stronger... I simply cannot imagine what it is like to have siblings, to be part of a big network, a clan.... so it was delightful to be part of my gorgeous cousin's wedding... and aren't they gorgeous... the blushing groom, the stunning bride, her brother and his child and wife, and my uncle and aunt... yep... real live family all under one roof.... wow.

No comments: