Sunday, December 23, 2007

Here we go up the duff together… duff together…duff together….


So a couple of people have commented on my openness in deciding to put the process of my journey towards pregnancy on my blog. So I thought I would explain… in case, heaven forbid, anyone should think it is pure self indulgence 
I have lots of reasons…
- Firstly…. Its exciting…. I want to share with my dear ones the journey towards finally achieving a dream that I have bored you all silly with for years….
And lets face it – I am not an exotic aid worker any more – I am living in suburban Brisbane now…(well, I will be once I actually move in and unpack…) Apart from this adventure my answers to the old “what are you up to…?” question might get a bit snoozy from here for a while.
- Secondly…. If this works I’m gonna need and want you, my nearest and dearest, as extended family. As you know, I’m a bit short on the usual forms of support, but my heart swells to know that you who take the time to read this are walking with me along the way… and I hope you will be there to celebrate and share with me in getting to know the new little person whose life is the result of this journey. With you around I am sure he/she will feel as loved and supported by you all as I have…
- Thirdly … if this does not work I’m gonna need and want you… my nearest and dearest….to hold my hand. If I can’t get pregnant, or if I do get pregnant and the child doesn’t survive (a real risk and everyday occurrence)…well, its gonna be a rough time and it will really help me to know that my loved ones have walked the path alongside me and know what is going on.
- On a practical level – there is so much information swimming around, options to explore, ideas and choices… putting it on my blog helps me clarify things in my head and saves me telling the same story over and over in phone calls and emails…. I’m getting sick of my own voice talking about it incessantly…already!
- And finally, some of you out there are thinking of taking a similar journey… some are starting to think about steps… some are just thinking about the options and possibilities… I hope my learning and exploring through this helps you to clarify your own journeys.

So… if you are up for the ride… stay tuned and I will endeavour to make the journey a shared one…. Unless I am too busy vomiting at some points (fingers crossed!) 

And just what does “up the duff” mean anyway??

Please click below and comment any time you like…. I welcome your input and thoughts and reactions….

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't need to justify putting this stuff in your blog to anyone... courage and candour do not require apologies.

Anonymous said...

I personally, am grateful! :)

Wanderlust said...

Thanks anonymous friends! :-)