Saturday, July 19, 2008

An ode to friendship

I sit typing on y friend's coputer with a broken letter m
Being in a state of angst and flux in y own life I have sought refuge in the armchair of y dear friendship. When I oved back to brisbane I had an overriding sense of being in the right place and doing the right thing... It felt like a homecoming of sorts... a settling... like settling into your own bed at home on the first night back after a long hard work trip away. Its odd and yet so comforting at the same time. And the most wonderful thing about it - the thing that both creates and reinforces the feelings, is the friendship I have found here.
Last night was a breathing out after a long week of stress, sleeplessness, nervous tension.... y life is turning on its axis and I fled to the arms of dear friends... where I felt received, held and nurtured. I dozed off in an armchair surrounded by chatter, kindness, good food, music, red wine, chocolate and genuine smiles.... what more could I possibly ask for on a cold and emotionally blustery night.
Thank you my dear friends...those who were here last night and those who have called and texted and sent me love in so many beautiful ways.... Thank you from the depths of my heart. If I do nothing ore today than just appreciate and love you back... it will be a good day :-) and I am doing that in bucket loads!!!

No comments: