Wednesday, July 30, 2008

More words to live by...

Living with integrity means:

Not settling for less than what you know you deserve in your relationships.
Asking for what you want and need from others.
Speaking your truth, even though it might create conflict or tension.
Behaving in ways that are in harmony with your personal values.
Making choices based on what you believe, and not what others believe.


Barbara De Angelis


...spending my work hours finding inspirational quotes... I figure as a happier worker I will be more productive tomorrow ... thats my theory and I am running with it :-)

I like this quote... With each passing relationship over the last couple of years I have emerged with a stronger and stronger sense of the futility of bending myself to fit what I think someone else wants me to be. Its such a hard pattern to overcome... I slippy-slide into it so easily... Being a bit of a plasticine person at the best of times... I am a transient evolving ever adapting kind of organism... the upside is that I assimilate easily into any environment and thrive indiscriminately... the downside is that my fluidity makes me flow into shapes that end up being impossible to maintain...and confusingly insubstantial. Sometimes I get lost in going with the flow and end up in the wrong place...

My concern is : how do I balance the above with my core belief that "it is better to be kind than to be right..." Ah of course... silly me... because being kind needs to be seen in the "longer term good" context rather than just what appeases people in the now.

Thinking out aloud...

Right then... off to do some work :-)

No comments: