Thursday, July 31, 2008

Eyes open love...


So my blue-eyed friend has a new blog... and her first post was about love... She asked if you ever feel the same way about later loves as you did about your first intense falling in love experience....
and I posted an answer to her... and I liked it... so I thought I would put it on here as well...

To my twinkly sad eyed friend I said :

"I think that there are two kinds of love at least. There is the intense "rush" love... and there is a gentler love that grows out of mutual respect and genuine affection and caring. I think that the second can be just as powerful as the first, but its intensity sneaks up on you in the quiet moments after you have allowed it the time and space to blossom in its own way. I think of the first as "eyes closed" love and the second as "eyes open" love... because in the first you see no wrong, no doubt, no risk... in the second you see it all as it really is, and love anyway."

I think that eyes closed love must eventually become eyes open love to survive and thrive...
And I think that eyes open love can grow in many places when the ground is fertile and the conditions are right...
I also think that "head-over heals throw caution to the wind damn it all" love can be dangerous... wonderful... but perilous....and it is never the same after the first time you go through it and come out the other side bruised.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you link us to blue eyes blog please ? Would be fascinating to see this from both sides !

Wanderlust said...

I'll check with her and let you know... but... who are you??

Anonymous said...

Twinkly blue eyes never actually makes much of an appearance on this blog, other than by the adorable name I have been blessed with. I intend to stay somewhat anonymous. Nice try though!