Tuesday, July 15, 2008

More thoughts on love...

So still I find myself pondering the mystery of love...

I think that when you fight with someone and you find yourself more sad for them than for yourself...that must be love.

I think when you find the courage to stay, even when you know you don't need to... that is love.

"The more I give to thee, the more I have.'' - William Shakespeare
Some people see the putting of others needs before their own as a sign of weakness, of compromise, of submissiveness or lack of self esteem. I think it is the most wonderful love possible when it is bestowed on a worthy recipient who will both respect and cherish the gift.

But I guess that sometimes, for some people, love is not enough.

"To love a person is to learn the song that is in their heart, and to sing it to them when they have forgotten." - Anonymous

No comments: