Saturday, May 3, 2008

All sprogged up...




Well it has happened :-) The long awaited and much anticipated introduction of swimmers to egg...
The first time... like an innocent damsel no longer a virgin... I am pleased to announce that attempt No 1 is done :-)

On Thursday I had a scan... and lo... It may have been the acupuncture...it may have been sheer good luck...it may have been destined that I give it a shot at an aquarian child... what ever the reason, I got a peep at a mighty fine lookin' follicle... my uterus lining looked juuuust right... and my egg poised and primed...

So the next morning...into the car I leapt, with gay abandon (as they say), merrily thumped the steering wheel and sang badly and loudly along with the radio, and sloooowly navigated the long weekend traffic to the source, the fountain, the hallowed halls of the donor. I must again emphasise the wonderousness of this man... my hero... his kindness and patience and generosity and calm acceptance of the icky technicalities render him indeed a saint in my world..(and my mum thinks he's pretty hot stuff too:)...

Now really it should have been awkward...it should have been embarrassing, it should at least have made me blush a little... but such is the fabulousness of this wonderful man and the rightness of it all that it all felt very relaxed and natural :-) We had a cuppa and a chat as we examined the specimen jars and planned our steps... we had a giggle or two for sure...but mostly just nattered away as though we were mates planning a movie or something... And then I went for a walk and sat under a tree with a bush turkey while he did his "business"... came back in a while and we had another cuppa and a friendly chat over the jar of the juice of life...as we waited for it to liquify enough for the syringe... and then he went for a walk and I navigated the mechanics of creating a pathway to the miracle of life...then he came back and we chatted while I lay on the floor with my legs in the air :-) and then I went home...

I don't feel pregnant... I don't feel any different really... it still feels very surreal...

And tomorrow morning I am going back for more...

How exciting :-)

No comments: