Sunday, May 11, 2008

planting seeds...


Today I planted my potted herb garden... it was good to get my hands in the dirt... oregano, basil, parsley, dill, chives... all shiny new babies in rich fertile new lives...

Today I got an email from my on-line subscription to natural fertility tips... It was acknowledging that Mothers Day can be a bit emotionally laden for women who are trying to get pregnant. The email letter was as wonderfully encouraging as usual and talked about remembering that being a mother is more than just having a child...
A mother isn’t just a woman who has children. One definition of the word “mother” is “ a woman who creates, originates, or founds something.”

And so there you go... I planted seeds, fostered new life... created something new that will bring about many delicious nurturing flavourful meals in the future...

Trying to keep things in perspective...

No comments: