Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Not this time...

So I am officially not pregnant... nature has taken its course... and I am out of limbo...
I expected that I might feel sad, that I may grieve the lost phantom pregnancy... actually I feel fine. The abiding sense is more one of relief to know the state of play rather than constantly analysing every nether-zone twinge...
My wonder-boy donor is back from overseas today and charmingly encouraging as always :-) He's happily counting down to trying again in 2 short weeks...

It seems my life is now divided into 2 week chunks... 2 weeks til ovulation, then 2 weeks to find out the results... and on it goes... until of course life becomes divided into trimesters :-)

In the meantime I am practicing as hard as I can with the edibly gorgeous wee blue-eyed babe... relishing broken sleep nights with heart-rending buba coughs echoing in baby-monitors... and the wonderful wafting scents of night vomits...

And twinkle blue eyed mamma and I have passed the 4 month mark with a cosy night of apple crumble and crackling fire... putting proof to the pudding of the delights of complimentary opposites.

I had planned to take life easy at the moment... I had planned to simplify life...eat, sleep, exercise... focus on making my inner world a nurturing cave of womb-y wonderfulness...
Well... I guess I am doing that... but of course at the same time my life is doing its usual streeeeeetch to fit more and more of the tantilisingly rich experiences that cross my path...
I have just taken on another work contract until the end of June - with Red Cross Emergency Services developing a toolkit for managing spontaneous volunteers in disasters... Its terribly exciting!
So lets see now... thats 3 jobs, renovating my house, enjoying a new relationship, learning to parent, planting two gardens, building decks, having a faaaabulous social life, singing in a african choir, starting to study again, spending time with my dog, oh and getting pregnant....
What fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL.... maybe you should get into some Miriam Makeba - she is a Medicine Singer maybe she has few songs for fertility in her repertoire!!

What is a spontaneous 'volunteer'? Is like spontaneous combustion only good for the world?