Monday, May 5, 2008

The power of the mind...

So I can't tell you how often in the last 2 days I have felt nauseas...
I don't feel pregnant... not that I know what pregnant feels like... but I am acutely aware of every sensation anywhere south of my belly button... every bubble and gurgle is noticeable to me. Every queezy tickle might be meaningful :-)
Its crazy I know...
Two weeks to wait til I get a result.

Its so tempting to try and have a gut feeling about what the result is going to be... I search inside myself for some sense, some premonition, some subtle awareness... but its pointless because I get lost in the layers of inner manipulation... If I don't feel pregnant is it because I am not pregnant or because I don't want to get my hopes up... If I do feel pregnant is it because I am or because I am deluding myself on the rather long odds that I will be one of the people who gets pregnant first try... So I am telling myself that I am giving up on trying to guess...
Yeah...
Right....

3 comments:

tiffanymelinda said...

I meant to tell you something else which is crucial ! Get feedback about what pregnancy tests are available and which ones are good. With this pregnancy, I did it first (when my period was due) on a cheap $3 one in the middle of the day, and after about three minutes there was a really really faint line (like you could hardly see it but definitely something) in the pregnancy line. So I decided to take a fancy $10 one with the + and - sign a couple of days later, with the first urine of the morning and it came up with a big - !

Houston said...

Good luck with the bun, Muffin!

Mercedes said...

hehehe i have my answer of the last comment....let us know what happen and good luck! that will be great for you!