Wednesday, May 7, 2008

And in other news ...

So lest we think that I am uni-dimensional... obsessed...one track minded.... (which of course I am)... I thought I would share some moments from OTHER aspects of my life besides the great journey to the fountain of new life...

Life plops along happily on all fronts... I went to Melbourne last week for training for work... I don't know if its just me, perhaps I am odd, but I get an inordinate thrill from being a travelling corporate person. I am sure that the thrill wears off relatively quickly for those who flounce across the countryside regularly... but trip trapping along with my little case on wheels, in a suit (and new black boots of course), hailing a taxi and making my way to a "very important meeting" in a strange city - well it just fair fills me with "chuff". Little ol me - well she is important enough to be flown across the states to participate in something work-like... he he. And I got to stay in my very own anonymous hotel room... he he... And besides being a moment of enjoying the thrill of being a real grown up professional person, I also got to see friends Zo and Jacqui for a spontaneous moment of catch up (ah small things amuse... being able to say "hey, I'm in town for work...lets have dinner!)

I had a wonderful reunion with the lovely Julie and spunky Sharon, vols from Fiji... wine and merriment by evening and during the day a chance to show Julie some of the gorgeous sides of Brisbane, including the views from Mt Cootha... there is nothing like getting up above a city... not only does it give a fantastic overview of a place rather than car window snapshots...it is also wonderful for the mental perspective on life... I find my mind expands, flies across the skies... and I see at once how small and how huge life really is...

And... on the home front... I am indulging my little known tastes for manual labour :-) Not only did I manage to single handedly assemble my new computer station (HOURS!!!) but my twinkle eyes and I have been building a deck. Yes! Tis true! I have photos to prove it! I hammer! I measure! I administer decking oils! Ahhhhhh hardware..... mmmmmm It may surprise those who have not yet been exposed to that side of my personality...but, if I am honest, I must admit... I am a girl who just luuuurves her powertools :-)

And well... work? It plods along relatively happily - more paperwork than client contact... but I am enjoying lower stress levels.. as a woman in my condition should :-)

Oh ok - stuff it - its pointless... I really can't focus on anything else....

Am I?
Aren't I?
Am I?
Aren't I?

...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really nice shot x