Saturday, February 16, 2008

Random street scenes











I have been doing my usual process of taking a thousand photos as i move through daily life... and then picking the best ones and, in theory, deleting the rest :-)



Here I have been trying to use the "shoot from the hip" principle of capturing unposed shots that give a sense of the experience of walking through this world....



Its tricky in this place because there is so much constant activity that i have a wonderful selection of photos of people stepping in front of the camera just as i take a photo...or a cow's bum in the way of the street scene behind, or a rickshaw blurred across the top of an image... But here are a few street scene shots that i managed to get clear-ish... and randomly selected in my current fatigue induced delerium state... 9 hours of walking around in a constant state of sensation overload is taking its toll on my aching brain and body.... So I apologise for the uninspired writing in these entries... I am hoping the images will speak for me ...

No comments: