Monday, February 18, 2008

Goodbye to India

I write now from Nepal - where I am reminded again of how wonderful it is leave a place like India and arrive in a country where people are considerate and intelligent, the streets are clean, no cows deposit their offerings on your unwilling toes, and there is an air of sophistication... but before moving on I wanted to share a few more images from that most frustratingly "in-your-face" Indian landscape....
Here are images I will hold in my mind for the future... releasing flower offerings on the ganges at sunset....
























It took me ages to get a clear photo of the goat in the santa jumper - he just would NOT stand still for the photo... but I think it was worth it in the end ... and I am sure the woman was not blinded for long.... :-)



Washing in the ganges is such a stereotype and yet... an enduring image of India....






And the wonderful thing about travel in places like India and Nepal is that, for me, they are not just tourist experiences but spiritual pilgrimages as well... It was incredible to see the tree under which the Buddha have the very first teaching .... a very powerful place.....

Oh - power is about to go out... Nepal has run out of energy ... and so have I.... will write more soon!
:-)

1 comment:

Mercedes said...

That sunset in India was georgeous! Really nice pictures! You could be a photographer :)