Sunday, February 10, 2008

Into the Yonder...

So apparently I fly out tomorrow for India and Nepal for 3 weeks....
It feels totally surreal - I can picture the images I may see in my mind... I can tell you theoretically that I am going... but the reality has not sunk in at all... I feel so present in life here at the moment that it is hard to imagine being anywhere else.
Its a good feeling in some ways... but also a sense of being slightly out of step with reality because in reality, in 48 hours, I will be in another country.... in another culture... outside of my comfort zones and immersed in another land, another world.
I'm guessing reality will pretty much kick in when I get off the plane in Delhi and walk out into the street to get a taxi to find my hotel...
Mmm suppose I had better find enough of a sense of reality to get myself into packing... :-)
Taking a deep breath and diving into the Time-Space Continuum - see you on the other side!
:-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm... I love figs!

rhianon said...

hmmm... thanks for the random creative "out of touch with reality" comment :-) whoever you are....