Wednesday, July 29, 2009

my eyes are green

Today I am a wee bit humbled...
Today I realise that sometimes the world looks very much one way to me... in my mind the sky is green...and I ponder and I plot and I built an inner world around my belief that the way that I see the sky is the only "right" way to see the sky... and I build my emotional castles on the foundation that the sky is green....
and then one day...I realise... perhaps the sky is blue? It might have been a flash of insight, it might have been a wise word from another... but I realise that my eyes have been green, not necessarily the sky.
So I am humbled. I am reminded that there are colours that are in the world, and colours that are in your own eyes, and sometimes it is very hard to tell the difference. Or perhaps there are no colours in the world at all, and everything is all about how I see it in the moment.
So I remind myself to be humble, to remember that my way is rarely the only way, and only sometimes the best way...
Its a relief to let go.

No comments: