Sunday, July 19, 2009

sunshine


Every so often something comes along that knocks me, that makes me sad... and for a time it seems like a cloud has passed over the sun and my world is consumed by the shadow of a perceived misfortune...

Sometimes I think for a time that I cannot control this - after-all, who can move clouds by sheer will alone? However I realise that evaporating the clouds which obscure my sunshine is not the only way to smile again. I hold the memories of the sunshine moments, and I can recreate them.

I can remind myself of all the beauty that surrounds me, although I may not be able to clearly see it in that moment.... I know it is still there, and by remembering I bring it back into my vision, seeing it in my mind and the clouds no longer have the power to obscure its presence in my life.

I am surrounded by beauty...
I have the most wonderful child who laughs happily most of the day...and who looks at me with a look so full of love, so adoring, so beautifully innocently full of joy to see me...it is like nothing I have ever experienced before.

I have wonderful parents who are so unwaveringly there for me and for my child. They care for me, share with me, give to me and try so hard to add to my happiness in any way that they can. I am so fortunate!

I have many dear dear friends who fill my days with their well wishes, who remind me every day that I am loved, that I am important to them, that I am never alone while they are around.

I have a gorgeous home where flowers bloom and green trees shade me, beautiful rooms accommodate me spaciously, and everything works to make my life work smoothly.

I have the time and resources to live comfortably and to be able to be generous to others. I can reach out my hand to a friend in need, I can invite a friend who is ill to stay with me, I can invite a friend who needs support to move in with me, I can call, I can text, I can cook for people and I can give thoughtful gifts to those I care about to let them know that they are loved by me.

I have my health and my strength which allow me to make the most of every moment, to run and to play, to build and to rest when the day is done.

I have my intelligence which allows me to reach my goals, to understand myself and my world, to enjoy the sunshine of my days, and to grow and mature and learn.

My world is full of beauty - and I choose to see it.

No comments: