Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The roller coaster is almost home!!


So how gorgeous is my little girl???
Oh its been such a roller-coaster ride, this journey of making a person...Today I sit bathed in the sweet scents of relief... Yesterday I soaked in the stress of being told that my dear daughter may have stopped growing properly and need to be birthed early and fed in hospital... a diabetes complication - sometimes the placenta stops working properly. So I was contemplating the idea of giving birth next week... and horrified by floating visual images of tiny little babies in humidi-cribs...
BUT...as has been the way of it so far - the crisis is averted and large sighs of relief echo forth after an emergency scan today revealed that she is absolutely healthy and happy - just small. As the sonographer tactfully pointed out - I am no basketball player... it seems that her "normal" size up until now was possibly due to the accelerated growth associated with diabetes, and now that I have dreaded blood sugars more under control..she is reverting to her own intended genetics :-) She's a wee little cutie just like me!
Personally I think she has inherited my striking resemblance to a shorter version of Angelina :-)

So thank you immensely to all who sent messages and made calls of wonderful support - and especially to my dear friend who blew off an important meeting to come and metaphorically hold my hand during the scan (no actual public affection of course :-) I felt wonderfully cared for and surrounded by positivity.


AND we have a date :-)
Now that we know she is growing ok... its back to the planned cesarean at 38 weeks...
And so we are all booked in - my wee nameless child will be entering the world at 7:30am on Wednesday the 8th April 2009... Yippee! 34 days to go!

No comments: