Sunday, May 19, 2013

Tick tock tick tock...

I sat down to write a post about how fast time is flying as I pass the milestones along the way to coming home...
And as I started to write it felt so very "de ja vu" like... And I realised so many of my posts have been about tick tock time passing toward the next stage of life..the next big thing... So much of my life spent anticipating, planning, wondering, nervously awaiting, almost always with some degree of ambivalence.... A letting go of past and moving towards the future unknowns.
Is this normal? Is this how other people live? Do other people's lives settle into comfortable routines or do they too live life rolling from one big event to the next? Do others live more in the momentary interests of the day? Or do they too experience the vast lands of limbo between one adventure and the next?
I have lived my life in chunks...chunks of experience, chunks that feel like very different lives all sticky taped end to end like a Christmas streamer.  Most of the chucks have been about 18 months to two years long... I have seen this pattern emerge clearly. Two year cycles and then on to the next reinvention... Maybe it's connected to having travelled the world in a back pack at 18 months old, maybe I am repeating infant patterning... Or maybe it's a natural cycle... Six months to settle into a new thing, six months to a year to live fully within it, and six months closure and exit to the next thing...

No comments: