Thursday, December 9, 2010

Lightening the load

I am on a learning curve at the moment. After one and a half years of just getting by and focussing on the adjustment of becoming a mummy... I have become increasingly frustrated by a sense of not going anywhere or achieving anything beyond the day to day tasks of life. I admit it's only a few months since I finished my last degree study... And yes, it's been a busy and challenging period of time as I have attempted to negotiate a new relationship and simultaneously address life long family issues...oh and be a single working mum... But my expectations are higher than that, and it's time to make some changes. Recently I took a look on the mirror and noticed that my hair, habitually worn pulled scruffily back, has become a huge waist long weight on my shoulders. By simply not cutting it I have allowed it to become a heavy and cumbersome presence. This seemed rather symbolic - so in the spirit of my new focus... It was time to do something about it.
Phew... My head feels kilos lighter!

No comments: