Friday, December 31, 2010

Let go let it flow

I have just finished reading the eat pray love book. The movie had a profound affect on me because I strongly related to her sense of drowning in her world, and of feeling utterly empty. I too need a journey to rediscover my passion, my joy, my spirituality and my capacity to love.

One of the main things that has stayed with me from the book was about learning to stop fighting hard to control the world around me and my life. I find it so hard to let go of the need to control everything to make it ok... Yet because I usually have no idea of how to make things ok, or even what ok is... I just end up both messing things up further, and exhausted from the fruitless battle. After meditating in India, Elizabeth finally learns to stop searching and fighting to find meaning in the spinning universe, and to instead let go, seek a calm peaceful place inside, and let things flow from there.

So now, in a time of confusion and sadness, and as I approach the end of one year and the start of the new one, this is what I am going to try to do.

Trust, let things flow as they will, let go of the need to control everything, find what makes me feel peaceful inside and stay with that...with honouring self respect.

"When you are not honoring the present moment by allowing it to be, you are creating drama."

Eckhart tolle

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: