Thursday, May 20, 2010

Procrastination

Prooooooocraaaaaaaaastination!

I have a uni assignment due next week... its a biggie...
I have been working hard, on refining my procrastination skills.... I have cleaned out my angel's drawers and packed away the next round of too smalls... I have baked a tray of berry mini-cheesecakes to take to a dinner party that I am not required to take anything to and at the house of people I don't know.... I have washed every piece of clothing that even thought about being dirty, including the sheets off the spare bed and all the tea towels...I have read an entire novel for the first time since having a baby....I have watched four episodes of charmed on DVD...I have invited a friend for dinner and prepared homemade pesto from the basil in my garden instead of doing something quick and easy.... I have cleaned the stove, watered the garden, repacked the baby bag, arranged to go out for lunch with a friend, sent texts to everyone I know, helped my flower with her work, bought large amounts of groceries I don't need.... etc etc etc  And thats before I even make a start on listing all the wonderful abundance of mummyhood tasks that have now entered my procrastination repertoire...anything that is for the child can be justified before study!
I have, this time, stopped short of alphabetising my spices... but hey, now I have blogging!
(hmmm those spice jars are a little untidy...)
Grrrrr

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least you were using your powers of procastination for good and not evil! (I think I saw god in the cheesecake you packed up for me to take home) :-D