Sunday, November 16, 2008

wriggling and jiggling

Ok so I am huge... from now on that just goes without saying...
My belly is pleasantly rotund :-) If I could stay this size - clearly pregnant but not too unwieldy...I'd be really happy. Alas I know it is not to be...
And I have now hit a double D in the bra department and I just can't face the idea that I am going to get bigger...
So lets think about happier things :-)
So I am testing out a name for my daughter... Sahra Sophia Vichta. ALL COMMENTS WELCOME! It means Princess Wisdom....
And she is a sprightly young thing! She's jumping and turning and poking her bits out at all angles :-) Its still pretty gentle - she still has a bit of room in there to move at the moment...but every so often an avocado protrudes firmly from one area of my belly or another... just popping her head up to say hi! Its the strangest feeling... at once totally natural feeling and completely ridiculously bizarre....
Its all going so very very fast too... I have a sense of trying to hang on to each moment, as it slides so quickly past... trying to drink in all of the sensations... I have a feeling this is what I will feel like for many years to come, as she grows and changes so fast after she is born as well. Seems like there is nothing like being a mother to make you feel that life is lived at break neck speed and must be absorbed with all your might in every moment of every day!
Sahra is now 13 cms from the top of her head to her bum... its pretty big really once you imagine legs added on the end of that! No wonder my belly sticks out!

9 comments:

Alison said...

How is Sahra pronounced?

Wanderlust said...

Hey
Its sara but not sarah... as in rhymes with tara.....
I put the H in so that it would not be sarah... is it too hard to work out?
:-)

Alison said...

I was just checking, wondered if maybe the 'h' functioned as an accent.

I love,love, love Sophia the name brings to mind mystery, elegance, strength, intelligence, composure -very much the Empress of the Ryder Waite tarot. And it sounds really beautiful followed by Vichta, she could be a poet or writer.

Forgive me if I offend but I'm not as sold on Sahra as a first name. It's the name of a precocious, snooty private school girl. Oops I've done it now..... will gracefully accept stern reproach from you :-)

Wanderlust said...

No no - all thoughts most welcome and I love to hear honest feedback! Its funny - another friend said the opposite! That Sophia was too pretentious to be a first name, ok as a second... but Sahra was fine... :-) must be an association thing :-)

Alison said...

LOL! :-) It's definitely all relative. I was pondering it further and I wonder if your little girl will actually be a Sahra-Sophia Vichta?!

Being a "Smith" I have cause to ponder the gift/curse that is naming. You see I'm a one name person Ally/Alison because people tend to forget Smith. I like to think that I'm a "Madonna" of the naming game - no surname required. Then there are the "Sarah Jessica Parker's" of the world lovely long triple barrel names.

Or perhaps my darling despite your best efforts to choose the 'right' name your little one may well choose another one altogether! :-)

Wanderlust said...

so my jewish friend tells me that sara is not actually "princess" but she was one of the 4 hebrew matriarchs. Sara was the wife of Abraham, the story goes that she was not able to bare children and was really saddened by this, then when she was 90 - because she was such a good woman, three angels came to visit her and informed her that she would fall pregnant and she did... Her name was originally sarai but the 'i' was changed to an 'h' as a blessing from god. So I just rearranged a little and keep the blessing :-)

Wanderlust said...

http://www.myspace.com/sahrabluepie

check out the song "baby groove" a cute connection :-)

Alison said...

1. Yesterday when I read the name blog I started to think of one of my favourite novels The Red Tent by Anita Diamant. Sarah of the old testament is one of the central characters.

2. followed the link love the song, reminiscent of the funky northern soul sound from about ten years ago.

Alison said...

Also please ask your jewish friend about the blessing part of the letter 'h'I'm intrigued.