Sunday, November 16, 2008

singing her praises...





What a woman....
My dear new best friend was a wee bit concerned about how to fill all her spare hours when she finally agreed to take the christmas term off doing her MBA (because a full time high powered job, a 3 year old to raise and entertain, a large block of land to landscape, a social life and a lengthy list of life goals is clearly not enough to keep her busy...) So... I obligingly gave her a list of things she could do to help me out...I know... I'm all heart :-)
And the nastiest most evil job on the list? Tackling "down the bottom"... At the base of my terraced garden is "down the bottom"... the far reaches of uncharted territory...a land of jungle running free, lost dogs balls and who the hell knows what else. I have not touched it since I moved in... frankly...its scary down there. The dog disappears in there frequently - so far she has always come back, but always carrying a load of foliage and prickles as souvenirs of her travels.
And so it came to pass, that on the hottest day so far this year... my dear BF brought her tools and plunged in.
Its only just beginning... the whipper-snipper promptly fainted in pure terror and refused to come back to the party. But BF is firmly on my pedistal of admiration... :-)

No comments: