Monday, September 1, 2008

my pip is a lentil!


Soooo
It seems my wee apple pip is this week the size of a lentil :P
I have been fascinated reading about the development of my wee bubba ... Its utterly astonishing to think that already, at half a centimeter long, it has an appendix!
So, last week pip grew a basic heart, this week it is beating at roughly 150 beats per minute (phew, no wonder I am tired!)... go pip!
Aaaand... so far we have a kidney, liver, and a neural tube... we have grown intestines, are growing the pituitary gland as I type, and the gall bladder now is in place (well, thank heavens, that's a relief!)
Wee pip has a huge head, apparently... and dark patches are forming that will be the nose and eyes :-) (winks to you baby!)

How ridiculously cool is this???

No comments: