Wednesday, August 8, 2012

hotel room ramblings

So I am in a hotel room in Suva... after a looong day of bus trip and meetings, and I should be sleeping in preparation for tomorrow's very long day of meetings.  I find myself in my days conducting myself in ways that I wouldn't have expected myself to be able to.  I find myself confidently negotiating, planning, holding the big picture and strategising... how did I become this person?  little old me?
But now I am tired, in a hotel room far from my little angel, working away at midnight... I miss my home, my veggie garden, my chickens, my child... Sometimes its hard to stay focussed on the people I am working to help and not get caught up in the game if it all... to take on the challenge for its own sake rather than with clear motivation for the people at the end of the process.
I'm going into a challenging meeting tomorrow and I am going to take that as my mantra - this is about the people, the women, the vulnerable... this is about how to best help them - not how to prove how good I am, how good my organisation is...
Keeping it real.  Putting People First.

No comments: