Friday, June 29, 2012

scared

We live alone, in a house that has no other houses close by... I love our little home, but I am growing increasingly nervous.  I hear sounds at night and I am afraid.  I turn all the inside lights off and the outside lights on and I pace silently around the house with the police number on speed dial.  I don't like living like this.  I realise that this is part of why I stay up so late at night - I feel safer when I am awake in case something happens.  I have a precious fragile child here and I need to protect her.  I pace the house holding piece of pipe, god knows what I would do with it.  I love our home, our vegie garden, our chicken house... but at night I am afraid and I don't like it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trust your gut. You can always get another veggie patch. Being and feeling safe in your home is something you both deserve and from this post it surely doesn't give readers peace of mind that you are OK.