Sunday, June 10, 2012

on a simple life

So I came here with a number of personal goals.  I feel good about starting to tackle them, and to start making progress.
One of my life goals is to have a simple life - although even that is not entirely a simple concept.  Its partly about not being enslaved by the need for possessions and clutter.  Its partly about not inviting drama into my life.  Its partly about not filling my life with busy-ness.  Its partly about my struggle to find a sense of connectedness with others without running around endlessly engaging in other's lives and their journeys and life dramas.  Its also about eating simply, being in touch with nature and the dirt of the earth, about patience and going with the flow of the world around me instead of seeking to control it.
Growing vegies symbolises much of this.  In every different part of my life journey I have had a vegie garden at some point - and the health of it is often symbolic in its mirroring of the level of "complication" in my life.   Growing food is a simple routine, hands in the dirt, nature and growth following its own patient process.  It is  about breathing, watching, appreciating, taking a moment and being present.
I have had a half neglected vegetable garden since the time I went back to Australia, but this week it found its place in my life again, and we created its sister!  I am so excited to witness its growth...and of course I am thrilled to have my own little dirt girl so loving the new adventure...








.

No comments: