Sunday, June 3, 2012

perfect moments

My daughter plays happily on the sand, picking up shells, frollicking, giggling... gentle waves glisten behind her, lapping softly...hammocks are suspended invitingly from laden palms around us... green fronds contrast with blue sky, pale sand, turquoise ocean and the soft greyish green rise of mountains in the distance...an acoustic couple sing hallelujah with chilling beauty... brunch is served, light, tasty, cheap, perfectly poached eggs with luscious smoked fish and hollandaise... fruit smoothies wash the salts away and coffee is refilled from pots on the table... family and new friends chatter about the countries they have lived in, the books they have read and the art they have seen... the sun warms without burning and the pool prompts thoughts of floaties and bathing costumes...sand is between my toes, my belly is full, my eyes  thrilled, my ears enchanted and my heart smiles.  These are the moments.

No comments: