Sunday, June 3, 2012

brrring brring

So... naively I placed an ad in the local paper for a part time nanny, with my phone number... 120 phone calls later I think :
a) unemployment may be a bit of an issue here
b) many many people do not know how to string a sentence together on the phone
c) being a mother does not make you a good nanny
d) 10:30pm and 6:45 am are stupid times to call about a job and I feel justified in hanging up on you if you do
e) not turning up, or turning up an hour late, when you are one of the lucky few who got through and got an interview is just plain rude
f) one should always always put a postal address not a phone number for job ads.
g) I will not be turning on the sound on my phone for some time... til I am sure that the coast is clear... 

and then in she walked... her smile lit the room... she is young, radiant, sweet, playful, educated and exactly the image of the nanny I imagined my daughter loving.... She trials tomorrow and I may be more nervous than she is!




No comments: