Sunday, January 3, 2010

specificity

So I am working on specificity in goals...
It seems I am required to remove the unspoken contents of my head and place them in a suitable order on a page in order to commit myself.  Humph.  Commitment... precisely the reason I leave my goal specificity in my head!
But... as I said - this is serious folks on the weight loss front...so here I go.

Specific Diet and Lifestyle Changes - January

Week 1 - Starting Jan 1
Gym 3 times. At the gym at least 2 workouts must include a minimum of 20 mins cardio.
Eat healthily but with a small indulgence once per day if desired (more than achievable)
Healthy eating entails half to two thirds of my usual serving size; low fat choices; choosing salad over carbs when possible; ensuring protein intake at each meal.  Drinking at least 1 litre of water per day.  2 x Metobolift per day (breakfast and lunch).

Week 2
Gym 3 times.  At least 30 mins cardio 2 x a week.  Should have lost one kg by the end of this week.  Regular smaller portion sizes, protein and low fat choices.  One indulgence every couple of days.  1 litre of water per day

Week 3 
Gym 3 times plus 1 x walk or other extra cardio for 30 mins.  Otherwise maintain similar.  Suppliment with one protein/fibre shake per day to reduce midmorning hunger.  Snacks between meals limited to carrots or other vegetables only.  1-2 indulgences per week. 

Week 4 
Gym 3 times plus 2 x other cardio for 30 mins.  Maintain diet as above.  Target is to have lost a further kg by the end of this week.

Reward : Indulgent birthday 28 Jan if I have clear loss of at least 2kg over the 4 weeks plus the satisfaction of starting well!



Other support goals for the month of January :

1. Consistently getting to sleep before 11pm to maintain energy levels.
2. Develop and use a spreadsheet to record exercise.
3. Enlist the help of others to reduce temptation of "people pleasing" by not making a fuss and eating whatever is on offer.
4. Refer to "Zen Habits" 29 ways to change a habit and develop a structured plan for the next 12 months.
5. Take lunch to work everyday - exceptions allowed once per fortnight for a planned lunch out.
6. Stop having sugar in coffee.

That should do for a start!
Wish me "determination" (instead of luck).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gooooo you :)

Sanjay in Thailand said...

I do wish you 'determination', keep on track and you go girrrrrrrrrrlllll!
love you quite a lot actually,
Sanj x