Saturday, August 9, 2008

"you wanted to be a mother"...


So am enjoying further exploration of the joys of family life...
So I am on the phone to a supplier for work... I am delirious with fatigue after a hellish night holding a child's head over a bowl as she continuously vomits hideously in her sleep...Simultaneously I am trying to clean the latest vomit off the floor with a wet cloth under one foot... trying to convince a 3 year old to put on clean clothes, trying to get out of my vomit splattered t-shirt, and trying to bundle us in the car for a doctors appointment in 10 minutes.... I apologise to the man on the phone, explaining that I am home with a sick 3 year old... "well" he says "you wanted to be a mother!"...
Can't do anything but laugh really :-)

I must say the laughter was wearing thin by the wee hours of the next sleepless night as I was getting up for the 17th time to assist my lovely twinkle eyes as she had her turn to explore the virally induced joys of physical cleansing....
And I was decidedly uncheerful by the time I was hugging the toilet bowl the next night... Thankfully my iron will and robust constitution helped me refuse to give in to it... Perhaps it was all those bouts of dysentery as a child of wanderlusting parents... or perhaps I was just too tired to manage another sleepless night. Not for any bloody virus was I staying awake again!

Ah family life.... not a highlight week...and call me "mad"... but somehow I would still rather be here doing this than anywhere else.
Yep...mad... but strangely happy.

No comments: