Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Baby Blog Update!

SO....
Its official - I am infatuated with my doctor... he is so wonderful... like santa clause and a saviour saint rolled up in teddy bear warmth. I am basking in the pleasure of having endured massive unconscious and undefined nervousness in the lead up to my appointment this week... and then suddenly finding I could breath again and the world seemed bright and sparkly again after the appointment.
So two pieces of good news came out of the appointment... the first was that my wonderful doctor will be by my side through this process...under the label of "IVF preparation" he will chart my cycle for me with blood tests and ultrasounds of my ovaries so that together we can pretty accurately pin down my ellusive ovulation (my cycle has taken a beating with all the change and travel)...
And the second piece of good news was a more abstract longer term one... but it seems that if this home insemination process does not yeild a result in a reasonable time frame, and it looks like IVF is the next option... then I can ethically rest my mind as I can donate all and any embryos that are created from my eggs but not used by me. He says he has a huge waiting list of people who would keel over in happiness to receive my surplus embryos... so phew! Much as I want to avoid IVF if I can possibly make it happen "more naturally"... its a relief to know that there is another option available to me if I did get that far down the track of this journey....
So....
It seems we are warming up the rockets for blast off ! I can't quite get my head around the enormity of it all... but its best that way... when I start really thinking about it then I find it hard to focus on anything else... and the rest of life is brimming with absorbing challenging and interesting tasks competing for what is left of my mind... wait til the hormones hit my brain! Oh dear...
So I am off to get my tubes dyed next week... I'll keep you posted!

No comments: