Thursday, May 26, 2011

Week One again....

So its week one of the second round of my 12 week program....
And I am happy.
I am happy because despite the little voice in my head which says "cheesecake makes me happy!", actually being healthy and strong makes me happier...
I am happy because today I did the 1km walk/run part of the fitness test at the start of this round and I realised I can run... in the past I was puffing after less than a minute of running.... but this time I found myself bounding along happily.  Its only my shin splints that prevent me from running more.  My shins hurt... they still hurt... but thats something I just need to live with.
I am happy because I have already lost 1.5kg of the 2 kg that I put on in the break between the end of the last round and the start of this one.  I must confess that I binged a wee bit... My mind played tricky tricks on me - telling me to stock up on the naughties while I could and that I would feel more motivated on the next round if I had "had my fill" of the bad stuff before I started.... silly mind! Although I am feeling pretty motivated so perhaps feeling sick from too much cake did help in some way.
I am happy because I did Zumba for the first time and this has been one of my goals for a really long time.  I have been too nervous to go to a class because I thought I would be too unfit to keep up.  This fear, combination with my natural lack of ability to follow the moves in classes, meant I keep looking at the timetables and being too embarrased to turn up.   This week I did a lunch time express class... and I loved it!  Sure I was often on the wrong leg, and I had to concentrate really hard to get my arms and legs doing different things at the same time, but once I started to get the hang of it my inner dancing demon came out and I loved it!  I am hooked, I want more!
I am happy because I am now wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans.
I am happy because my ultimate weight loss goals are in sight and seem possible.
I am happy because I am proud of myself.

No comments: